Blakely Island Maintenance Commission, Inc.
Preliminary Minutes of May 28th, 2006 BIMC Board Meeting
A meeting of the Board of Directors of the Blakely Island Maintenance
Commission was held on Sunday May 28th, 2006, on Blakely Island at the BIMC
John Madden, President
Marc Droppert, Vice President
D.L. Fitzpatrick, Secretary
Jeff Fegert, Roads and Airport
Jane Loura, Treasurer
Jim Davis, Facility Manager
Cindy Zech, Water
Ben Dole, Fire and Waste Commissioner
The meeting was called to order by John Madden at 8:06 AM.
- John motioned that we approve the minutes from the May 3rd board meeting.
Seconded, passed unanimously.
- Plans were submitted by the Dubose’s for their house on lot 102. The
plans were discussed, no objections noted.
- First right of refusal for lot 120 was requested by Joyce Fegert. Signed
- John opened a discussion on temporary structures. After much review, it
was agreed by the board that the language in the BICS pertains to camping
tents. The topic will be presented at the annual meeting for further
- Marina Lease – Marc gave the board an update on the lease status. After
much discussion, the two remaining open items are insurance and power. Both
items were close to being finalized. The Blakely Community Facility
committee selected the proposal from Ken Parker to operate the marina. He
and the BCF Board are working to finalize his lease, in conjunction with the
overlying lease with the BIT.
- After a period of review, a motion was placed to approve the operating
agreement for the newly formed Blakely Community Facility LLC. This was
seconded, and passed unanimously.
There being no further business, the meeting adjourned at 8:55 AM